Natural Pool Construction Manager
Exciting opportunity for an experienced, hard landscaper to join our company as a working construction manager
Natural Pool Construction Manager
Ellicar Pools, Nottinghamshire, DN10 4SN
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, hard landscaper to join our company as a working construction manager.
Ellicar Pools is a family company specialising in design and construction of bespoke natural pools, swimming ponds and domestic gardens. Based near Retford, Nottinghamshire, our work is local, regional and national.
We are looking for a skilled hard landscaper with extensive and high-level experience and competency in:
- Working from complex construction drawings and landscape designs
- Precise setting out, including setting levels and operating laser levels
- Competent in use of power tools and machinery, including excavators
- Digger ticket preferred but not essential
- Ground preparation, grading, with an eye for levels and ground contours
- Understanding of installing site drainage systems and ground de-watering
- Sub-base and framework preparation, taking into account ground conditions and laying methods for different materials
- Competent in reinforced concrete construction and screeding
- Walling, including concrete blocks and brickwork
- Laying paving including sandstone, limestone, porcelain, yorkstone, granite
- Laying stone setts and clay pavers
- Installing decking, hardwood and Siberian larch
- Fencing, all types
- Woodwork, building bespoke pergolas, sleeper walls and raised beds
- Turfing and ground preparation
- Irrigation and plumbing
- Experience in installing ponds and lining is beneficial but not essential
- Soft landscaping experience preferred, including tree planting, handling and staking large specimen trees, general planting and soft landscaping
The successful candidate will be
- Methodical, precise, have a good eye for detail and an exceptionally high standard and quality of workmanship and finishing
- Friendly, driven, hardworking and lateral thinking
- Be able to work together with and manage a small team
- Project manage, order works, deliver projects to timescales and keep site records
- Have sound knowledge of site safety, risk assessments, method statements, CDM, organise deliveries and run a safe, tidy and efficient construction site
- Be personable, presentable and respectful around clients at all times and liase confidently with landscape architects, architects, clients on site, reporting back to our office
- Be prepared to work away during the week, with some projects located in all areas of the UK, lasting for several weeks at a time
- Have a full, clean driving licence and a trailer license
This is a physical role, you will be expected to work outdoors in most weather conditions.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 07:30am - 4:00pm. Occasional Saturdays and overtime during the week as required.
Hard landscaping experience - Minimum 5 years
Application deadline: 20/03/2021
Expected start date: 20/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per year
Amount paid will depend on level of experience.
Reference ID: EP/03/LM
Ellicar Pools is a BALI accredited design and build company with a hardworking, friendly and supportive ethos.
Our gardens and natural pools are award winning and recognised internationally. Our projects are bespoke, with a broad scope of work, from in house concept design to completion. Landscaping and natural pool work includes excavation, engineered construction and a precise, detailed hard landscape finish. The installation of our natural pools involves lining, pipework and plumbing, installation of water balancing equipment, site drainage, groundworks and ground preparation, and finishes with extensive planting and soft landscaping.
We are dedicated to creating unique, high end, functional and stunningly beautiful outdoor living spaces for our clients, where biodiverse landscapes, water and ecology are at the core of our work.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you are interested in for applying this exciting role, if you have the required skills and would like to join our team please contact us with your CV immediately at email@example.com