Creating beautiful landscapes and gardens, often around our natural swimming pools and wildlife ponds.
You will be joining our pool and pond finishing team creating beautiful gardens from start to finish around our natural swimming pools and pond projects.
From ground preparation to planting up, you will be installing steel edging and drainage, turfing and seeding meadows, bark spreading, installing irrigation systems and gravel gardens, fencing, and carrying out garden and pond maintenance.
The work is seasonal and varied and creating a garden from start to finish will give you a great sense of achievement.
In winter you will be joining our pool maintenance team carrying out pool and pond specialist servicing.
- Working from landscape plans with supervision, setting out gardens
- Measuring up gardens, assist with site surveys
- Work alongside our small team of skilled construction specialists and soft landscapers
- Use of hand tools and power tools and some machinery, including excavators, rotavators, kubotas
- Ground preparation, grading, with an eye for levels and ground contours
- Flower meadow preparation and seeding
- Installing irrigation systems and surface drainage
- Experience in installing ponds is beneficial but not essential
- Soft landscaping, including tree planting, handling and staking large specimen trees, general planting of shrubs, perennials, bulbs
- Gravel gardens installation, bark spreading
- Seasonal garden maintenance and natural swimming pool and pond maintenance
We don’t expect you to have all the skills required, but we do expect you to be
- Practical, lateral thinking, good at problem solving
- Adaptable, willing to learn on the job
- Happy working outdoors and in all weathers
- Comfortable working on a construction site or a domestic garden
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Have a good eye for detail and strive for excellence
- Happy working in our small team of friendly, skilled craftsmen
- Working away on long distance projects with expenses, travel and comfortable accommodation paid with time off between projects an option
- Full driving licence
- Trailer license beneficial